This post was sponsored by Hawaiian Tropic as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.
Happy 4th of July!!!
I’m writing to you from sunny (and scorching) Arizona today and I’m spending this holiday weekend with the fam. It’s so different from the Bay Area, but this place always reminds me to live more in the present. A little detox, you know?
My 4th of July is already at a great start with pool-time and BBQs, so I wanted to share with you what I like to bring with me to summer parties.
- Come festive: Whether it’s your nails, lip color, eyeliner, or outfit, part of the fun of the 4th of July is getting festive — so get creative with your red, white, and blue. Here, I decided to have fun with my outfit and use all three colors but wanted to stay stylish at the same time.
- Choose waterproof or water resistant makeup: Try to keep your makeup touchups at a minimum by wearing waterproof mascara, waterproof cream eyeshadows, or stains that can last through the day and heat.
- Touchup essentials: To stay fresh throughout the day, I always keep a hair tie, travel perfume, lip product, and face powder close by.
4. Protect your skin: The sun is no joke in the summer and it’s super important to remember to apply sunscreen! Since Arizona stays 100+ degrees this time of the year, I have to be really careful when outside.
Hawaiian Tropic is my favorite brand to use when it comes to sun products, i.e. the Dark Tanning Oil (when I’m in a tanning mood) or the Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Weightless Lotion Sunscreen SPF 30, and the Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Ultra Radiance After Sun Moisturizer.
Forget thick and greasy, The Silk Hydration Weightless Lotion Sunscreen feels really light to the skin and doesn’t feel oily at all. Unlike other sunscreens, it absorbs immediately and makes my skin feel moisturized. Then, when I’m done being in the sun, the Sheer Touch Ultra Radiance After Sun Moisturizer soothes, hydrates (which helps to prolong the tan!), and leaves a really nice radiance to my skin. The Hawaiian Tropic products always smell amazing too, which is a total bonus after being in the sun all day!
5. Don’t forget your eyes and scalp: Simple (but chic!) accessories like a hat or sunglasses can also shield you from the sun. Trust me, a burned scalp is not pretty and kinda looks like dandruff. :O
What are you doing this holiday weekend?
LEARN MORE ABOUT HAWAIIAN TROPIC
Available for ~$9.99 and ~$7.99 at mass, grocery and drug retailers nationwide and online.